Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fantasy on Parade



With the exception of the Main Street Electrical Parade, I generally don't have a lot of interest in the parades. And I usually have even less interest in *photos* of parades. But THIS parade is very interesting indeed. Yessir. What pageantry, what showmanship! And oh yeah, take a look at the scantily clad babes. The second slide is dated 1965, which is the year that the classic "Fantasy on Parade" made its debut. I would imagine that, back then, Disneyland would be about the last place you would expect to see bare midriffs and navels. After all, Barbara Eden was not allowed to show her navel on "I Dream of Jeannie", which also had a 1965 debut. I think that each photo features the same lovely ladies, don't you agree? Anyway, I just like the pictures, so there.

Incidentally, I will be in New York City for the next four days, so this will be my last post until Monday the 26th. Have a great weekend everybody!

3 comments:

Chris Merritt said...

Hello, nurse!

Unusual to parade in front of the Mansion...

Mousey Media said...

Notice that the figure on the float is a face character in the Main Street pic, but is a masked character in the Mansion pic!

Connie Moreno said...

WOW! I have never ever seen anything like this before!