Friday, June 30, 2006

Indian Village, August 1958


I sure love this early view of the Indian Village! Are those wigwams or tipis? I'll answer my own question...according to Wikipedia, a wigwam is a domed structure, therefore these are tipis. One thing that occurs to me is the wonderful landscaping that was achieved at Disneyland. When you see certain photos, it is really pretty amazing how many hills and valleys were carved out of those flat orange county groves.

Anyway, I like the lady sitting on the bench, exposing her gams. Maybe she was trying to flag a passing stagecoach.

3 comments:

Chris Merritt said...

Neat angle - this must have been taken from the train...

Matterhorn1959 said...

I was thinking this was taken from the Mark Twain. I will have to look at some areil views when I go home tonight and see where the village was located.

Chris Merritt said...

Actually, I think you are right PJ....