Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Monorail


Hmmm, I could get into the second door of this super cool Monorail and enjoy my ride, or I could go crazy and hop into the pilot's seat. Let's see what this baby can do! How long would you spend in Disney Jail for highjacking the Monorail??

Piloting the Monorail must be one of the coolest jobs at Disneyland. I wonder what the qualifications are? I imagine that those fellows (and ladies?) are the "best of the best", like in "Top Gun"! Or maybe, by week five or six, it gets pretty boring. Hard to imagine.

It's neat to get a glimpse inside one of the cabs.

There are three photos for folks to look at. The first one appears to be identical to one of the vintage "PDL" postcards.

Then there is a photo of Mr. Lincoln. The third photo is hard to discern...no matter how much I squint and strain my eyes, I can't really make out what it is. A parade? Is there a tour guide? I am pretty sure bigfoot is there, in fact that is the only thing that I am certain of in life.

4 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Disney Dutchman will love this shot, such great details and a nice look at the Monorail. There used to be large format photographs in various places throughout the park. I own several 11 by 14 or larger photos that were up in the park. One day I will scan a few.

Merlinsguy said...

The interior of the monorail brings back a lot of memories. Mainly, the interior of the monorail. Nice. Also, that third picture is obviously indian dancers walking down Main Street at Christmas time.

Chris Merritt said...

Amazing interior Monorail shot! Wow...

Connie Moreno said...

Am I the only one that grins when I remember the sound that the Monorail doors used to make when they shut? I know, I'm weird...