Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Twofer Wednesday

The "Orinoco Adventuress" has a full load of passengers in this vintage 50's image. Are they leaving, or did they just return? If the two guys with light blue shirts are cast members, they had to contort themselves like this all day long. The pilot is wearing a stripey shirt, just like in the classic attraction poster. In the background, two workmen are headed backstage, probably to repair a broken hippo or somethin'.


"It's broad daylight! Why are we going home already?? I'm not tired!" You might recognize our Pendleton-wearing lookalike boys and their mom from previous posts.

4 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Love that shot of the Jungle River boat!

Anonymous said...

It looks to me like the family is outside the park, walking around the left exit on their way to the park entrance (visible the background). Shadows toward the west set the time before noon.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with An Ony Mouse and say that these folks look like they're just getting to the Park. I bet they end up on the Orinoco Adventuress before the day is out!

Major Pepperidge said...

Yes, I am sure you're right, anonymous and gn2dlnd...I've made this mistake before. In the future I'll have to pay more attention to where the sun is. I'll use my Orphan Annie sundial watch!