Friday, October 12, 2007

Disneyland, August 1960

Happy Friday, everybody!

Sometimes these slides remind me of all the things I've never done at Disneyland, despite my many visits. Like riding on the Columbia. I'll tell myself that it was always at drydock, though I don't really recall. This is an identical recreation of the original Columbia, which was the first U.S. ship to sail around the world with a robot crew.


This next photo brings several thoughts to my mind. Look at that magnificent steamboat, and the Disneyland band with its bright costumes and shining brass instruments. Let's hope that the boat doesn't hit a Keel Boat or something, or Vesey Walker is going to fall backwards right into the river!


And finally, we get a look at the Living Desert in Nature's Wonderland. Not much to say about this one! Watch out for them tumblin' rocks, though.

1 comment:

Vito said...

You should definitely ride the Columbia if you haven't. Be sure to take a trip down into the crew quarters and all the stuff down below as well.