Wednesday, April 02, 2008

You've Been Served, Native-American style

First of all, for those who asked, I am going to post a larger version of yesterday's image. It might not be for a few days though, since I'm going to be pretty busy. Should I tell you how many items I added? One of them might technically count as two, but I'll leave it up to you. I would be curious to see people's lists!

MEANWHILE, there's a whole lotta dancin' going on in Frontierland. But that's nothing new at the Indian Dance Circle. I guess textile and basket weaving weren't thrilling enough to excite Disneyland guests?


The Frug, the Swim, the Batusi, they did 'em all. And they did them half-naked. That's how I used to mow the lawn, until the neighbors complained. But that's another story.


My wardrobe is definitely lacking in feathers, I realize that now. But things are going to change when I go to my next funeral or job interview.


Would a 21st century audience want to watch a display of traditional Native American dancing? It's hard to say, but the fact that the whole Indian village is gone feels like a real loss to me.

3 comments:

Stub Winged Bilge Rat said...

Boy, you are on a roll! You crack me up. I was at a cub scout thing with my son the other day, and they had Native American dancers performing and it was really fun to watch. I looked around at all the boys that were there however, and most of them had no interest in it at all. Sad really. Maybe if we filmed it and converted it to 64 bit graphics and showed it to them on their Gameboy, maybe that would be better.

Matterhorn1959 said...

I doubt the neighbors would have complained if you were wearing feathers and mowing the lawn half naked!!

Anonymous said...

Brings back the original meaning of Frontierland. Today it is a shell of the experience that once was.