Sunday, October 05, 2008

Two from Fantasyland, 1956

Sorry about the brief posts, folks! Things have been crazy lately. In the mean time take a look at this 1956 shot of Fantasyland taken from the deck of the Pirate Ship. A common view, no doubt about it. The "dark rides" are busy, between Peter Pan on the left and "Snow White" on the right! At the extreme right hand edge you can just make out a sliver of the "Mickey Mouse Club in 3-D" poster.


The Pirate Ship. Again. I feel like I should declare a moratorium on posting images of the Pirate Ship. But I have so darn many of 'em!!

7 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Please Major, no moratoriums! Post as many pics of the ship as you like!

By the way, did it's figurehead talk as well? Maybe in a Shari Lewis/Lamb Chop kind of voice???

Anonymous said...

I want to hear more about Lady Columbia talking, I had never heard of that either.

As for more pics of the ol' Chicken of the Sea, I'd love to see more too.

Anonymous said...

Things sure have been crazy here too Major! 'mmm still round, but, haven't been able to linger. Well. I'm actually not round but ah, am a-round. Ah. Anyway. I'm playing a bit of catch up again. Thanks for the continued posts!!

Anonymous said...

Whew had the spare time to go back and catch up, had been away since around "Stormy Weather 1957" in September, and left comments on some posts for what it's worth. It's been out of bed, out the door, back home, back in bed like for a bit. That and intergalactic travels, really saps time you know. Want y'all to know I've been missing the great pics, great posts and this wonderful group & enjoyed catching up so much.

A "hi" to Dave too!

Major Pepperidge said...

Welcome back, Chiana! Dr. Zaius and I both missed you.

Nancy said...

i agree....keep them coming!! i enjoy all your photos, esp of the things that sadly are gone. i did spot the lady in the white sunglasse there on the right... :D

Anonymous said...

Thanx Major, Dr Zaius, it's so nice to be back. Get a chance to lounge around, wiggle me tootsies and relax in the nice comfy blog. :)